Gee, I hate to always be talking about ME. I feel like such a narcissist. I mean, this is a blog, so I guess I’m supposed to, right? But it just feels weird..
In any case, I’m SO pleased to have all you new blog followers on board! So, I thought I’d tell you a little about the mama behind the blog, “Facebook Notes” style, with 25 Things About Myself. If you find, through reading this, that we have something in common, by all means, I’d love for you to leave a comment below and let me know. Or, if you decide that I’m a total loser, you can tell me that too. Ok, here goes…
- I’m a smallish-town girl who married a great guy and had two kids with him. (So far.)
- I definitely just ate a Kit Kat for breakfast.
- I can name the 50 U.S. states in alphabetical order in under 20 seconds.
- The only thing that I’ll admit is nerdy about that is the fact that I asked the hubs to time me.
- I also have a fur baby. Ginger. People think she’s an oversized Yorkie. But she’s not. She’s a Cairn Terrier, like Toto from the Wizard of Oz.
- My husband says I eat like a bird. I have no idea what that means. But if you ask him what one of my defining characteristics is, that’s the answer he’ll give you. I know because I just asked him. (I couldn’t think of 20 more things about myself.)
- I secretly aspire to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune.
- I am not allergic to anything at all whatsoever. One time, I had to go to the doctor to take an allergy test to see if I was allergic to anesthesia, and they put something on my arm that was like a control allergen, to make me have an allergic reaction that they could compare to. I wasn’t allergic to that either.
- When I read a book, I have to hold the book in a certain way so that it is barely open…so as to not bend back the binding too much. I learned this anal-ity from my dad. If I lend you one of my books to read, I’ll make you do it too. And if I see people reading with the pages turned all the way back and wrapped around to the other side so you can hold the book in one hand, I just want to puke.
- I like to cook, knit, crochet, and sew. If I owned pearls, I would probably wear them while I vacuumed. I am fully domesticated.
- In another life, I probably would have been an archaeologist. But not the Indiana Jones, killing world war two bad guys, “this belongs in a museum!” kind, unfortunately. (I’m not much of an out-doors-y person.)
- I am perfectly comfortable in summer weather, up to about 90 degrees. I hate the air conditioner. This has been the source of most of the arguments between the hubs and I for 3 years.
- When I’m sick, I like to watch old movies and old TV shows, especially ‘I Love Lucy’ and ‘Bringing Up Baby’. I don’t know why, but it’s just really comforting to me. I think it’s because that’s what I used to do with my Mom whenever I was home sick as a kid.
- In order to win my husband in the early stages of our relationship, I pretended to like football so that I could have an excuse to see him on Monday nights. The funny thing is, now that we’re married, I really do like football! But I don’t understand a lick of it.
- Most of my favorite movies are in some way connected with Nora Ephron and Rob Reiner. I didn’t do that on purpose. It just happened that way.
- I’m pretty sure I contracted the swine flu last year. It was the first time in my life that I can remember having the flu. It was the worst few weeks of my entire life.
- I am really cheap. I once used a gift card at the Star Bucks drive through that had $.04 cents left on it. See this post.
- It is really hard to come up with 25 things about yourself.
- I think I might just change the title to “17 Things About Myself.”
- Oh! I just thought of one! I cloth diaper my kids! And I enjoy it! But I think you already knew that about me.
- I like country music.
- I have never in my life been stung by a bee.
- Consequently, I’m scared to death of bees.
- As soon as I see a movie, I immediately forget most of it. I can enjoy a movie “for the first time” about 3 times before I start to know it too well. The hubs calls me “Dory.”
- Some of these things are really embarrassing. You are going to think I’m a lame-o. I think I have validation issues. Please leave a comment below and validate me. Thanks.
9 thoughts on “25 Things About Myself”
I think these are some awesome things about you! I think it is hard to think of that many things too, so kudos to you. I can name all the states in alphabetical order too, I sing the “50 nifty United States” song that I learned in the 5th grade. It's corny, but it works.
Hi New follower from the hop! Hope you will hop by Girl Tech Divas and follow back!
I am a new follower from the blog hop. Great list of things about your self. I don't think I could think of that many interesting thing about myself. Have a great day.
I love this list! Awesome idea … !
(Linking up through blog hop today! hope you stop by! http://www.blenifer.com )
Yay I love this so much I might steal the idea!! 🙂 I also will dominate Wheel of Fortune one day AND I have never been stung by a bee as well. But it might be because I run screaming in the opposite direction when they are around! LOL
It's really nice to meet you. I am a new follower via Blog Hop. Hope you would enrich my blog by following back. Thank you.
I'm a new follower – and what a fabulous post to stumble upon on my first visit. I've learned so much about you in a FUN way! 🙂
Love your blog and would totally follow you via GFC if blogger wasn't being such a brat right now. It's not showing your followers list. I liked you on Facebook, tho!
I blog over at Mom-a-Logues. Stories of my life, my kids and FUN Etsy features, reviews and giveaways! Check it out if you want.
Hey thanks for the comments ladies! Glad to know you don't think I'm a TOTAL lame-o. 🙂 🙂
I'm new to your blog but I needed to validate you because I would need the validation too! I love your blog already and think you are pretty hilarious.